YOU GUYS. With the amazing help of @smittyhalibut and @blackmoondog , I went from crazy-ass idea to PARTS in a day. I don't want to count my chickens quite yet, but it looks like the #SkeinTwister beta units may have a custom 3D printed knob. It was totally worth spending an entire Saturday making a solid model. This stuff isn't possible without awesome friends that do things like let you take over their 3D printer for a couple of days, or solder an entire batch of foot pedal cables for you. It takes a village to raise yarn tools, and I'm so thankful to have the best village. 🙏❤️ #smallbatchmanufacturing#yarntools#yarnlife#yarntwisting#indiedyers#3dprinting#prusai3
Apparently, I've gone on a bit of a #yarn binge. Sometimes, #retailtherapy is the only cure that works. These are for the first shawl in @curioushandmade's #shawlsociety2 , which begins on the 4th. I love both of these colors, but now that I see them in person I'm not sure that their values work together--a deal breaker in any sort of marriage, lol. Decisions, decisions. Once again, the yarn is from @hedgehogfibres . It's not that I don't like other #indiedyers , but most of them are too hard to get and I don't have time for that "cart jacking" nonsense. I shop with @yarnscout because they come through for me every time and the customer service is 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟.
Inspired by the first ever David Austin Rose we planted in our garden. Jude will be available as part of our opening. We love how the colours turned out, we are so happy we will be sharing this with everyone.
I can't believe I'm posting my secrets... But Jade (@stitchmischief) tagged me, so I am going to play along! 10 Confessions of an Indie Dyer... 1. I can't believe this is my job. I am so lucky!
2. I HIGHLY underestimated how much work is involved!
3. I constantly compare my stuff to others and feel like I don't know what I am doing most of the time.
4. I started a fire in Tara's kitchen shortly after we started dyeing. A plastic teaspoon was magnetized to the bottom and I didn't see it until AFTER it cought fire.
5. I am an overthinker and end up doing things way more complicated than they need to be.
6. I get really annoyed when family and friends ask if we are still "playing with yarn". Nope. Its my business.
7. Our most popular colorways have almost all been skeins that we screwed up and were desperately trying to save them.
8. Our first yarn order nearly sent me into a panic attack. Now we laugh because it was soooo tiny! But we had no idea any of this would sell!
9. I love shopping for other indie dyed yarn. My FiL doesn't understand why I buy from "competitors", but I don't feel that way at all!
10. I love all our customers! They push us to be better, give us wonderful ideas and encourage us! We couldn't ask for a better 'tribe'! #knitters#knitting#knittersofig#knittersofinstagram#knitstagram#crocheters#crochetersofig#crochet#crochetersofinstagram#handdyedyarn#indiedyers#etsyshop#handmade#madeincanada#madeinsaskatchewan#sockyarn#yarn#yarnlove#midknitcravings
Since May's sock club is all packed up and ready to go I have listed June's club! Order yours soon because these bad boys go quick! I will be revealing May's club at the end of next week when all the recipients have gotten their yarnie mail!